I was chatting to a mate of mine on a road trip on the weekend, and we both agreed how hard it is to find decent blank tshirts in Australia.
I guess the Australian market is a little smaller than other parts of the world, as well as being geographically separated, which means shipping costs increase the price of blank tshirts in Australia. Since the Australian ‘minimum wage’ is also quite steep in comparison to other parts of the world, locally made tees are often 2-3 times the price of imported blank tshirts.
To save you the heart-ache of pouring through Google for hours on end, I’ve spoken to a few of my contacts, and collated the ultimate list of Australian blank tshirt suppliers. All of the business listed below can supply you with fashionable, good quality, ready-made blank tshirts.
If I’ve missed anyone out, please leave a comment at the end of this article.
- AScolour is in Alexandria, Sydney. These guys are currently the cream of the crop for the latest styles of blank tshirts. They have fashionable, looser fitting singlets and tshirts in the latest ’boutique’ styles. Probably my pick of the bunch (but a little bit more expensive than some)!
- T-shirt Magic in Sydney are great if you are after very cheap blanks, but don’t have as many of the ‘latest’ fashionable styles and cuts. Probably best suited to promo tees in my humble opinion.
- Seven Million in Sydney only have a small selection of tees, but they are made inhouse and look like they are good quality, so fingers crossed they start making a few more styles! (Last I checked they had free postage on orders of $100, which is also a good incentive to try them out).
- Blank Clothing is pretty new on the scene, I haven’t seen their tees in the flesh, but their prices look very reasonable and they have a very extensive range, including eco-friendly tees, v-necks and more at pretty good prices.
- Spire distribution – The gents at Spire a cool crew, rather than manufacture inhouse they import a range of awesome blanks from international suppliers (they are also distributors for a couple of sweet skate labels like 10Deep)
- Qualitops – Manufacture their own range of tees inhouse, starting from about $5 a pop
- Fully Stoked – A good range of basic tshirts, including light-weight and 180gsm versions. These guys often have good specials on left-over stock, so it’s worth checking their website every now and again. Also, free shipping for orders over 100 bucks.
Australian distributors for high quality Blank Tshirts from overseas (ordered by their ‘cool factor’….)
- Alstyle (awesome!) http://www.spiredistribution.com/
- Continental Clothing (also might tasty tees) http://australia.continentalclothing.jp/
- American Apparel in Australia (good quality tees, but a bit expensive for what they are) http://www.machine.net.au/
- Gildan (used to be pretty dodgy, however their newer lines of 64000 softstyle tees aren’t too shabby, especially for the price in comparison to some of the more expensive alternatives listed above) http://superioraw.com.au/